Hernia in Women
Hernia is the abnormal formation of excess tissues outside an organ in the body. It usually occurs on the intestinal or abdominal wall and can limit or totally cut off blood supply to the organ.
Hernia Symptoms in Women
- A noticeable bulge in the abdomen area
- Swelling in the affected area
- Localized pain due to the stretching or tearing of the tissues
- The pain is also due to damage or irritation of the nerve
- Women can also experience nausea when there is partial blockage of food along the intestines.
- Constipation due to obstruction of the food’s normal flow along the intestine
- Loss of appetite
- Problems related to urinary such as a burning sensation when passing urine, increased frequency of urination are other symptoms of female hernia
- Painful sexual intercourse for women
Treatment for Female Hernia
- Women hernia treatment can be done through surgical procedure but only if the opening is already too large.
- Treating hernia can also be achieved through the use of abdominal binders.
- Constant use of surgical belts
- Women who are diagnosed with hernia should avoid straining the abdominal muscle.
- To prevent further enlargement of hernia, treat conditions that could cause the woman to cough frequently since this could further strain the muscles.
- Avoid doing activities that could increase intra-abdominal pressure such as lifting heavy objects.
- Women who were diagnosed with hernia should also avoid heavy exercise as it could increase the size of the excess tissue.