Women produce pheromones to attract the men. The strongest sources of the sex pheromones are from the vagina, but not everybody seem to like this smell. Others actually find it nauseating. But this is not the only reason why most people find vagina odor revolting. There are other reasons why a vagina has a foul smelling odor.
What Causes Vaginal Odors
There are many factors and reasons why the vagina smells. Knowing what causes it will allow you to know the means and methods for you to avoid getting it. Here are the following reasons why the vagina smells bad.
- Poor hygiene: The vagina is both alkaline and acidic in property. However, it still aids in the growth of bacteria if a person does not observe proper hygiene. Alkaline property facilitates the growth of hormone making elderly people usually prone to vaginal infections due to the increase in its alkalinity level.
- Sexually transmitted disease: This is usually caused when an individual has multiple partners. There are numerous types of sexually transmitted disease. There is candidiasis, trichomonas vaginalis, genital herpes, and many more. This condition usually causes malodorous smell.
- When menstruating.
Preventing Vagina Odor
There is not much that can be done especially if it is a sexually transmitted disease because it would require medical attention. However, there are a few things a woman still can do to both prevent this from happening to her and to prevent spreading the disease thus complicating a whole lot of other people.
- Observe proper hygiene. Take a bath daily. Wash your genitals with the vaginal soap and water.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Get enough sleep and rest
- Eat food rich in antioxidants because it usually decreases the risk of an individual to acquire any other health condition.
- Practice safe sex
- If a sexually transmitted disease is suspected, avoid sexual intercourse and seek medical help as soon as possible. Bring with you your partner as well so you both can get the right treatment.