Question: What are the causes of scanty bleeding during periods? I want to know reasons and home remedies to naturally treat scanty periods?
Answer: Menstrual bleeding in a normal woman can last between 3 days to 7 days. But it may not be always the same, in some woman it can be very scanty or in some heavy bleeding may occur. This depends on each individual and the hormones controlling the periods.
Causes of Scanty Bleeding During Periods
- Anemia: most often it is observed that woman suffering from anemia has scanty bleeding during periods
- Scanty bleeding can occur after D&C or child birth even if the woman does not suffer from any disease.
- Stress, emotions, exercise and diet also play a part in scanty periods. Woman who is stressed or malnourished can have scanty bleeding during periods.
- Estrogen and progesterone imbalance in cases of hypothyroidism can cause less bleeding during regular periods
- Polycystic ovaries can also lead to less bleeding during periods
Home Remedy for Scanty Bleeding in Menstruation
- Treat anemia if present by proper iron rich food like spinach, green leafy vegetables, liver, and iron supplements.
- Ginger tea: pound a fresh ginger and mix honey in it, boil in water, drink the extracted water thrice in a day when you are menstruating, or before the periods start.
- Eating papaya regularly helps to increase the flow in periods.
- Herbal tea made from marigold head or leaves is also beneficial.
- Take carrot juice once in a day for two to three months.