Question: I’m 26 years old and my menstruation flow has reduced. Its not like the way it used to be.
Reasons for Reduced Menstrual Flow (Scanty Menstrual Flow)
- Scanty menses could occur as a result of changes in the hormonal profile of the body. Reduction of the Thyroid hormone, elevated Prolactin level, increased Insulin level, or raised Androgen level, could cause a decrease in the menstrual flow. Get a complete hormonal profile done, if there is a persistent and sustained alteration in the menses.
- Menstrual patterns occasionally change with age.
- Prolonged use of oral contraceptives.
- Stress, emotional trauma, sorrow, or excessive excitement are important influencing factors. They lead to diminished production of estrogen, which in turn causes reduced menstrual bleeding.
- An imbalanced diet, or errors in the diet, like consuming too much of processed and de-natured foods is another important reason, that could diminish menstrual flow.
Tips for Normal Menstruation Flow
How will you manage it?
- Pulsatilla, a homoeopathic remedy, helps regularize and normalize menses. Take 5 pills, twice daily, for about 2 weeks.
- Change the toxic and de-vitalized condition of the body. Eating too much of fatty, greasy food, processed food, ready-to eat packets, debilitate and de-vitalize the system. Consume loads of fresh fruits and vegetables. Ensure that you get a daily helping of dried fruits as well. Restructuring your diet is very important.
Good stress management is the key to most of the disorders. Take time out to de-stress and unwind. It will yield good results.