While pain can be mostly normal, pain under left breast is something to reckon since the breast is one of the most sensitive areas in our body. The pain felt under the left breast can occur because of varied emotional and physical health concerns. These factors can range from mild to serious conditions and are even accompanied by sever discomforts such as disturbed and incomplete sleep. Some cases of pain in the left breast can be harmless and benign. However, it is definitely important to determine the probably causes of this sudden pain to know how best can you manage the pain.
Common Causes for Pain under Left Breast
- The sharp pain under left breast can be rooted from a number of reasons. Among these is angina. Angina is a condition commonly associated with pressure or squeezing in the chest due to the lack of oxygen circulating in the heart through the blood.
- Another reason for pain in the left breast bone can be caused by muscle spasm or muscle pinch. This condition might be caused by problems such as lack of salts and electrolytes, dehydration, and other nutritional deficiencies.
- Believe it or not, flatulence can also cause a person to feel pain under his or her left breast. This is because the gas swallowed flows into the chest and ends up in the rectum.
- A condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy may also bring sharp pain under left breast bone. HCM is a situation where the heart muscles thicken and causes the heart to hardly pump blood. This is a serious condition which can be fatal.
- Other causes for pain in the left breast bone include ulcer, inflammation in certain digestive parts such as the stomach and esophagus, and stress.
These above causes of pain under the left breast can range from varying degrees. Hence, it is always important to consult with your physician to know what the options for treatment are.