Vaginal Douche Uses:
In case one has a previous history of infection or vaginal discharge (most commonly and important vaginitis) douches are useful. Otherwise using douche is not advisable.
How to Make Vaginal Douche:
- Add 20-30ml of vinegar in diluted form to half a liter of boiled water. This is used in cleaning or douching vaginal discharge.
- Add 20-30ml hydrogen peroxide and 5ml bayberry myrtle in a pint of water and used it as vaginal douche.
- During the vaginal discharge one usually take antibiotic course and this course usually hampers the normal flora in the vagina. For this acidophilus lactobacillus are required to normalize the flora. Acidophilus capsules (6-8) from a health food store or 20ml of plain, unsweetened yoghurt is taken in warm water and used for cleansing and restoring the flora.
- Personal hygiene can be attained by cleaning the part with normal warm water and keeping the area clean. Do not wear unwashed undergarments or moist undergarment. This promotes infection. Douching should be done only when there is infection. Frequent douching can also damage the flora and promotes infection.
- If herbal douche are used, they should be steeped for many minutes in water that has just been boiled; then store this preparation in a sterile environment until used.
- Mix equal parts of chamomile, wintergreen and sage. Add 1/2 cup to 2 cups of boiling water, let it steep 10-20min, strain it. Add warm, sterile water to make up the full amount. Best to use immediately. This is used to soothe and heal; also for abnormal discharges.
- Another herbal vaginal douche formula is made by adding equal parts of peppermint, comfrey, spearmint and wax myrtle. Add 1/2 cup to 2 cups of boiling water, let it steep 10-20min, strain it. Add warm, sterile water to make up the full amount. Best to use immediately. This will help you to soothe and heal; also for abnormal discharges.
- Regular douching can kill beneficial micro-organisms and leave you open for invasion by the infection-causing variety of micro-organisms. So douching has to be done only when indicated.