College students are often known to suffer from waist line expansions, especially during the first semester of college. Unfortunately many students, who are not accustomed to living away or cooking their own food, tend to gain weight in college. The academic pressures of college life coupled with inability to cook forces these students to depend upon fast food outlets and cafeteria meals for their diet.
These unhealthy dietary practices coupled with irregular eating habits can contribute to significant weight gain during college. Following simple dietary practices and lifestyle regimen can help in weight loss easily among college students.
Here are some simple techniques to lose weight for college students.
Tips For College Students To Lose Weight
Here are some simple weight loss tips that can be beneficial for college students,
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps burn down excess of calories, which in turn can help you lose weight. If you don’t have extra time to exercise take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk instead of taking a cab. Exercise will not only help lose weight but also creates a sense of good health and improves mental focus.
- Always keep healthy snacks handy. Healthy snacks like fresh fruits, yoghurt or whole grain nutribars are always more beneficial compared to fries or chocolate bars.
- Don’t ever rush through your meals. Eating quickly can limit the ability of the stomach to digest the food that you have consumed which in turns slows down the metabolic rate and subsequently forces the body to store energy in the form of fat. This is a primary cause of weight gain among college students. When you sit down for a meal, make sure you chew your food well. This improves digestion and prevents weight gain.
Healthy Diet Plans For Weight Loss
There are some healthy diet plans that can be beneficial for weight loss to college students,
- Eating fast food, especially during your college life is inevitable. However making the right and healthy choices can be beneficial in aiding the weight loss process. Choose garden salad pizza or grilled chicken with light dressing over burger and fries.
- Increase the intake of vegetables and reduce the intake of fatty foods like cheese, butter, margarine, cream, etc.
- Limit the intake of soda or aerated drinks. These foods interfere with normal digestive process and also are loaded with calories. Opt for fresh fruit juice or low fat milk instead.
- Increase the consumption of spicy foods. Spices like cinnamon, bell pepper, etc are known to hasten the burn down of fat which in turn can help lose weight.
- An all fruit breakfast is highly recommended. Fruits are easier to digest on empty stomach. Further fruits provide you with loads of energy required to take you through the day. Also an all fruits breakfast is considered to aid in quick weight loss. Fresh fruit juices are also equally beneficial. Avoid tinned or canned fruit juices.
Correct diet and regular exercise help to maintain an optimum metabolic rate which prevents weight gain and keeps you energized through the day.