Homemade Drinks for Weight Loss
Weight loss drinks have become popular as more and more people now desire a perfectly toned body. Consumer stores around the world are flooded with a variety of energy drinks, fat burning drinks, protein drinks and natural weight loss drinks. These drinks or shakes for are obviously low in calorie content and contain essential vitamins and minerals.
Weight loss drinks are either consumed as a meal replacement program, or as a part of a liquid diet plan. These are meant for severely obese people. They have to be taken under medical supervision.However, these drinks are not a long term solution for obesity.
Natural Drinks and Shakes for Losing Weight
If an obese person wants to chose weight loss drinks to shed those extra pounds, he should first try homemade natural drinks. These detox drinks are made from organic products and herbs and are rich in vitamins, minerals and are low in calorie content. Here are a few drinks you can try:
- Tea: Dandelion tea, ginger tea, herbal tea and green tea are good starting points for your weight loss program. Dandelion tea detoxifies the bloodstream, while green tea helps reduce cholesterol.
- Cranberry juice helps lose weight by increasing body metabolism. It mobilizes the fats in the body by converting it into fuel needed for various activities.
- Chocolate milk shake can be taken after a workout. Use skimmed milk as it is low in fat content. The cocoa in the chocolate acts as an antioxidant which the body requires to repair cell damage.
- Water is another cheapest weight loss drink. An estimated 200 to 250 calories is burnt when you drink 8 to 9 glasses of cold water in a day. Drinking a glass of water before a meal also helps reduce food consumption.
Recipes for Homemade Weight Loss Drinks
- A tomato yogurt shake recipe contains 1 cup tomato juice, 1 cup yogurt without fat, ½ tsp of lemon juice, pepper as per the taste and grated slice of ginger. Mix all the ingredients and blend them for 30 seconds till they are smooth and serve in a glass.
- Protein Shake Recipe to Lose Weight
- 3 scoop of protein powder.
- 1 cup of pineapple.
- 8 to 10 ounce of water.
- Few ice cubes.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend them. Drink this as a substitute to your regular meal.
- Bananas Shake Recipe
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoop of whey protein powder
- Low fat yogurt 1 cup
- Few ice cubes
- 2 tsp of honey
Blend all the ingredients in a blender and serve in a glass.
Other Weight Loss Diet Supplements: Hoodia, Ephedra, Green Tea Extract
- They are many different popular types of weight loss diet supplements. One of the most popular is Hoodia. Hoodia is a weight loss diet supplement claims to decrease your appetite. However, there is no conclusive scientific evidence that Hoodia is associated with any weight loss. Similarly, Ephedra also claims to decrease appetite.
- You can also use lemon juice as a weight loss remedy. Lemon boosts the digestive and detox systems of the body. Lemon is rich in citric acid that stimulate the stomach juices aiding digestion. Pectin, found in the lemon peel, is a good source of fiber and prevents faster absorption of sugar in the stomach.
- Green tea extract is another popular weight loss diet supplement. It is supposed to increase fat metabolism and decrease appetite. There is very little evidence to support this. When used as a weight loss diet supplement, it can cause vomiting, bloating, indigestion and diarrhea. It can also contain a large amount of caffeine.
There is a lot of controversy associated with weight loss diet drinks. There is no scientifically proven evidence to confirm its success. There could also be side effects associated with these drinks if taken for a prolonged period. Nevertheless, these diet drinks will continue to be marketed for the foreseeable future. If you decide to adopt this solution, talk to an expert before you start your weight loss program with these drinks.