Truncal obesity or excessive deposition of fat around the waist and abdomen is associated with lifestyle disorders. Though abdominal obesity is not a disease by itself, it is closely linked with increased risk of developing cardiac disorders and diabetes. Weight loss regimen can help lose extra fat and help gain a shapely and healthy body.
A wide range of supplements and weight loss pills are available in the market today. However, the most effective method of losing weight is exercise and a healthy diet. Yoga techniques, which act specifically on the abdominal muscles, would help lose inches of the waist quickly and effectively.
How To Lose Inches Off Your Waist Fast Naturally?
Diet plays a crucial role in aiding the process of weight loss. Here are some simple dietary tips that would be beneficial in weight loss
- Reduce the intake of processed and refined foods. Processed foods are high in preservatives and carbohydrates. Minimizing the intake of these foods is the primary requirement of a weight loss program
- Increase the intake of dietary fiber rich food. These foods include whole wheat and whole grain products. Increase the intake of oats and cereals. Fiber creates a sense of satiety and fullness which in turn reduces the desire to eat more food. Further it reduces the absorption of fats by the intestine.
- Eat small quantity of foods at frequent intervals. Avoid over stuffing yourself. Eating small quantity of food at frequent intervals helps in effective digestion and prevents obesity.
- Eat slowly. Chew your meal adequately before swallowing. Chewing further helps in breakdown of the food, which makes digestion an easy process.
There are certain foods that are referred to as fat burners. These foods burn down fats and carbohydrates quicker than other foods and inclusion of these foods and herbs in regular diet can hasten the process of weight loss
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps reduce the blood sugar level and aids in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. One teaspoon of cinnamon can hasten the metabolism by 20-25%, which in turn aids in the process of weight loss.
- Red Bell Pepper: Red bell pepper is another spice which is found to be highly effective in weight loss.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fiber and contribute in weight loss by creating a sense of fullness and also reducing the absorption of fats from the intestine.
Exercise To Lose Inches Around The Waist Quickly
Simple exercises that concentrate on the abdominal muscles are very useful. Here is an exercise that is proved to be most beneficial.
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight and your arms in the supine position
- Now gradually raise your legs, with the support of the abdominal muscles, so that your legs are perpendicular to the ground. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Now gradually reduce the angle to 60 degrees from the ground. Hold this position for a few seconds. Gradually move your legs further down to create an angle of 30 degrees with the ground and hold the position for a few seconds.
To begin with start with three set of the entire exercise and then gradually increase the sets. Also gradually increase the time you hold each position. This exercise will put a strain on the abdominal muscles making them contract and help in burning down excess fat.