Question: I want to lose weight using acupressure techniques. How to use acupressure for weight reduction. What acupressure techniques for losing weight in a very less time can I use?
Answer: Overweight is a very broad terminology. It encompasses – overweight, obese, and morbidly obese. More over, it is a relative term, depending on height, age, and gender.
It is important to know these parameters to calculate the ideal body weight.
- Do you have any metabolic or hormonal disorders?
- Any family history?
- What is your food and diet pattern?
- Is your lifestyle sedentary?
Acupressure Points For Weight Loss
- Draw an imaginary line from between your little and ring finger up to the wrist crease. The 1st acupressure point for weight reduction lies at the end of this imaginary line, on the wrist crease.
- The 2nd acupressure point for losing weight lies in the centre of the forearm, 2 thumb widths above the wrist crease.
- The 3rd point is on the top of the head.
- The 4th point, lies just below the lateral malleolus (the projection of the ankle, on the outer side).
All the points mentioned are bilateral. They should be pressed for a minute daily. Acupressure works beautifully, but a regular and sustained practice is essential.
An overweight case also calls for a change in the food habits and diet.But watch out! Do not embark on any crash diets. They are unhealthy and unsafe.
Acupressure Therapy To Reduce Fat
A study says, that an inadequate supply of vitamin D could make teenagers and adolescents fat. The study was conducted on 650 teenagers in the age bracket of 14 to 19 years.
Those volunteers, who reported higher amounts of vitamin D in their body, had lower over all body fat as well as visceral fat (fat around the viscera or internal organs, especially around the abdomen).
Reflexology is a very powerful and effective therapy to manage obesity and excessive fat.The reflexology points on the body, when pressed for the prescribed time daily, work holistically, bringing about the desired effect and / or cure.
The ‘vital force’ or the ‘chi’ or the ‘prana’ flow through he body through channels. If the balance gets disrupted or disturbed, a disorder occurs. Pressing the reflexology points restores the balance and thus the optimal functioning of all the organs in the body.
Also, it is important to bear in mind, that reflexology in isolation, will not give you significant results, also, it’ll take much longer, to cut the flab, if you are depending on acupressure alone. This therapy used in conjunct with other weight loss schedules yield brilliant and quick results. What is required, is, a dedicated approach to weight loss and the subsequent weight management.