Obesity has become a lifestyle disease all over the world. People of all ages, gender and ethnicity are affected by this modern day ailment. As compared to men, women are more affected. The tendency for weight gain increases with age. Also there is an alarming rise in childhood obesity.
The disease is characterized by access accumulation of body fat. Susceptibility of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure and sleep apnea increases. In addition to health factors, low self esteem, social withdrawal, depression, are potential psychological consequences.
Eating junk and unhealthy food, lack of physical exercise, sedentary life style, genetic predisposition and eating food beyond daily requirement are considered major factor for weight gain.
Seven Ways To Lose Body Fat And Stay Trim And Fit
Dealing with obesity depends on several factors, it depends on the BMI (body mass index), the overall health of the person and individuals motivation to lose weight. Here are simple 7 steps to lose weight quickly and steadily and to keep the weight off:
- Eat lesser than usual: Maybe a scoop less of that ice cream, 1 less cup of tea or coffee, 1 bit less off that burger, a half a piece less of that chicken, 1 less slice of bread – just reduce a bit of everything you eat.
- Walk more than usual: Walk up the stairs, walk to the parking lot after parking further away, walk to the grocery store, walk to library, walk your dog a bit more – just walk for the heck of it!
- Sit less than usual: If you have a desk job, make sure you take regular bathroom breaks, get up and go drink a glass of water, walk over to a colleague to talk instead of talking on the phone, just get up and walk to that window for a few minutes.
- Drink water more than usual: Easiest way is to keep 2 liters of bottle as your quota each day. Carry it to work, make sure you finish it. At home, drink from your “quota” bottle. Ensure you take a few more sips than you usually do.
- Eat your dinner earlier than usual: You need at least 2 hours between your dinner and bed time. If you eat at 7 PM and sleep at 10PM you are ok. If you eat at 9 PM and sleep at 10 PM, then you must try to eat at 8PM to start with. The earlier the better. Do not sleep on a full stomach.
- Consume 1 glass less of beer or 1 drink less of alcohol: Alcohol really is a big reason for people to gain weight. Kick this habit slowly – but surely by cutting down bit by bit.
- Wake up earlier than usual: Wake up 30 minutes to an hour earlier than usual. Use this time to plan your day. This will relax you more, ease your stress and help you remember that you have to do these 7 things each day to lose that fat and stay fit and trim. You may even meditate for 10 minutes each day. Close your eyes relax and count your breath!
Try these 7 things for 7 days – you must see some weight loss. Once you see the results you will be motivated to do more. That should drive you to lose more and more. Do this till you feel you have lost enough and maintain that weight.
You not only have NOT sacrificed a LOT to lose your body fat, but you have this for your lifestyle – losing weight and staying fit is, after all, a matter of a healthy lifestyle. When you are fit and slim and healthy – you are happy!