Hundreds of diet related articles are published every year for weight loss and improved health. Every one of them works for someone, and none of them works for everyone. 1000 calorie a day diet simply means that you have to consume food having 1000 calories in whole day. This diet can be beneficial for those overweight persons who want to shed their extra weight in short time.
1000 Calorie A Day Diet For Losing Weight
But before starting this diet, a person should always consult his physician.
While planning 1000 calorie a day diet, you should consider following points; it should fuel your body with the nutrients it needs, leaves you feeling satisfied, and restores your body to perfect health.
Following it for more than a week can lead to many health problems such as nutritional deficiency, tiredness, dehydration, fatigue, metabolic disturbances etc. Such diet plans are generally recommended for those who are extremely obese and they want to lose weight.
However, people who lead an active life and those who have to do physical activities during their work are advised not to follow 1000 calorie a day diet. Or rather when following this diet schedule, you should avoid doing hard work and physical exercises.
1000 Calories A Day Meal Plan
Here is a sample 1000 calorie a day diet menu plan
Before starting the diet menu, you have to find those food items that are low in calorie and have all the nutritive values. A simple 1000 calorie a day diet menu is:
- Breakfast: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1 cup of cooked oats+ 1 banana. This breakfast contains approximately 280 to 300 calories.
- Morning snack: 75 to 100 gm of fat free yogurt or a strawberry milk shake. Milk should be skimmed. This contains approximately 65 to 70 calories.
- Lunch: consider a lunch that provides 150 calories. A sandwich comprising of lean meat 2 ounce with two slice of whole wheat bread, a thin layer of peanut butter as a spread, and added sliced tomato, cucumber, olives, sprouts, onion, etc. in dessert one fruit such as plum or peach. You may drink as much water after lunch as you want.
- Mid afternoon snack: an apple or a banana with a cup of green tea without sugar. It should provide 40 to 50 calories.
- Dinner: one chicken breast and a bowl full of mixed vegetable such as carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, greens, etc. you can add beans to the vegetables with some cheese to enhance the taste. This should provide another 400 calories, a cup of frozen strawberry and few pieces of kiwi which accounts for another 40 calories.