Fruits High In Vitamin C
- Strawberries, oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and tomatoes are great fruits to get into your body on a daily basis. Unfortunately, things like high stress lifestyles and prolonged exposure to the sun depletes the body of this important nutrient.
- Since some of the above may not be available year round, and if you buy frozen items, avoid any sugar juices for maximum nutritional quality and no junk.
- Mix and match vitamin C enriched fruits in a giant summer salad for a change in pace from greasy fast food. Your body will love you for it.
Vitamin C Enriched Foods Vegetables
Vitamin C is essential to fight off cancers and power up the immune system. It is also beneficial for the skin.
- Aside from the citrus fruits, vegetables make terrific juices that boost the immune system and make the body stronger.
- Green leafy veggies like lettuce, broccoli, and spinach can really strengthen the whole body. Eat raw, juiced, or lightly steamed to get the most nutritional benefits of vitamin C.
- Be creative in concocting special veggie blends of juice that give you pure energy. Mix up a delicious smoothie for breakfast with fresh fruits to keep you going throughout the day. Use fresh fruit smoothies as snacks in place of junk food and empty calories.
- Vitamin C is also necessary for the body to be able to absorb important iron. If you add iron and vitamin C with calcium, it is an effective combination to decrease lead poisoning. Eat yogurt, and calcium enriched foods to kill two birds with one stone.
- The more good products you put inside the body will be evident in the outward appearance and functioning of your whole system. Changing your diet can change your whole outlook on life.