Question: I want to know if mango can be eaten for fiber and vitamin C. if yes how much shall be consumed.
Answer: Mango is a native of South Asia, mango fruit and mango tree enjoys a unique status due to its medicinal utility. Mango has a rich flavor and aroma with juicy pulp and kidney shaped seed.
Nutritional Value of Mango
- The curative value of mango is attributed to its high content of vitamin C, it is estimated that an unripe mango will supply as much vitamin as five to six lemons.
- Therefore a single mango will be enough for body’s requirement for vitamin C.
- It is a good cure for scurvy and promotes resistance against various infections.
- Beside vitamin C it is has plenty of starch, and acids like citric, oxalic, malic, and succinic. These acids increase the secretion of bile and help in digestion.
- It also supplies energy, increases appetite, digests food and prevents constipation due to its high fiber content.
- Ripe mangoes are good source of vitamin A. and therefore it is good for the eyes.
- Vitamins: A= 1262 iu
- Vitamin: C= 45mg
- Vitamin: E=1.8mg
- Vitamin= 6.9mg
1 Mango (of 160g) Will Give
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 0,8g