The skin underneath the upper arms has a tendency to flap or sag as one matures without the benefit of regular exercise. There is a form of surgery that can enhance the appearance of flabby arms that would not leave scars permanently.
- A type of surgery that improves the physical appearance of the arms but without the visible vertical scar associated with traditional arm lifts.
- The scar is effectively hidden within the patient’s armpit, which makes it virtually undetected unless scrutinized at close range.
- This arm lift is ideal for people whose weight is within their ideal range, as too much fat on the sagging arms is better treated with other procedures like liposuction.
- The incision is made starting from the area of the elbow leading to the armpit.
- Fatty deposits and extra skin is cut off, after which the incision is sutured off.
- Minimal scar is left within the armpit but is hidden from other’s view.
- As the scar heals in time, it will lighten and fade away.
- It is a form of outpatient surgery that allows the patient to go home after recovering from the effects of general anesthesia.
Scarless Arm Lift Cost
- People who plan to undergo such surgical operation can expect to pay thousands to achieve their desired goal.
- Factors influence the total amount for an arm lift including anesthesia, the hospital fees, equipment, supplies and the surgeon’s fee.
- Arm tucks can be done along with other procedures like breast lift or breast reduction. Doctors usually give a package rate to cover all the operating costs.
Scarless Arm Lift Side Effects
- Patients should be warned against possible complications or risks from arm lift surgery.
- The upper arms may experience infection.
- Bleeding after surgery
- Depressions or irregularities in the skin around the operated area.