Acne is a skin condition that was prevalent even in olden days. But in modern times people have become more conscious about their looks and appearance. They consider acne and especially the residual scars as something that can mar their beauty and personality. It is not only the teenagers; even middle aged people also suffer from acne outbreaks.
It is very disappointing for a person to find scars on his or her face, once the acne heals. Usually, these acne scars occur after severe form of acne. Scar tissue forms as a natural physiological process in the body.Whenever there is an injury to the skin and its deeper layers, the collagen cell of the skin tries to repair the damaged area and in the process it forms a scar. As time passes the scars eventually fade, however, acne scars are often stubborn to go. If you are having stubborn acne scars, do not get disappointed. Applying vitamin E oil is the most effective home remedy to fade the acne scars.
Benefits Of Vitamin E Oil For Acne Scars
Vitamin E is fat soluble vitamin. Its antioxidant properties are of great value in repairing the damaged skin.However, a person should not construe that after applying vitamin E oil on the scar tissue, there will be generation of new skin that will replace the scar. Research does not support that applying vitamin E oil will completely eliminate the scar. The natural moisturizing effect and the antioxidant properties of vitamin E oil are definitely advantageous. It helps to soften the scar tissue and eventually fade it after applying it constantly for few weeks to months.
The moisturizing quality, together with antioxidant properties makes vitamin E a great choice for softening the acne scars.Besides, it does not clog the pores. It can also be used in conjunction with other essential oils, such as tea tree oil in treating acne and reducing the chance of scars after acne. This combination is effective in case of moderate and severe forms of acne. Both when combined work on any type of skin. The moisturizing quality of vitamin E oil prevents the skin around the acne to dry. Tea tree oil being an astringent does not allow the excess of oil production, thus aiding the acne to heal. Vitamin E when taken orally helps to boost the immune system, because of its rich antioxidant value. But to fade the acne scars and make them less noticeable, vitamin E oil has to be applied topically.
How To Use Vitamin E Oil For Acne Scars?
- Vitamin E oil is available in capsules. You have to purchase the capsules from the medical stores.
- Before applying vitamin E oil, you have to wash your face with plain water. It helps to remove the dust and excess of oil from the face.
- Vitamin E oil gets well absorbed on a clean surface of the skin.
- Do not try to dry your face, once you wash it. This is because when vitamin E oil is applied, it will trap the water and help to moisturize the skin more effectively.
- Break the capsule with a small pinprick. A small drop of oil will drain from the capsule. Apply it directly on the acne scar or take it on the fingertip and gently apply the oil on the acne scar.
- If there is excess of oil, dab it with a cotton ball.
- Apply vitamin E oil once in a day.
Before applying it on the acne, you should ensure that it suits your skin, as in some people it can produce rash and irritation. Apply the oil on a small patch of the forearm skin. If there is rash or skin irritation after its application, do not apply it on the acne scar.