The term eczema is defined as a skin condition characterized by inflammation of the skin which results in formation of vesicles or pustules.
The main aim of treatment is circled around to stop eczema itching, and also its spread.
Symptoms Of Eczema
In acute stage, eczema is characterized by itching severely; a person suffering from eczema will always be worried about how to stop eczema itching, rather than anything else. Besides itching acute stage eczema oozes a lot with forming redness and vesicles.
In chronic stage there is thickening of skin, pigmentation, papule formation and scaling of skin.
Eczema is essentially a constitutional disease, the reason varying from allergy to stress and strain and nutritional deficiency.
How To Stop Eczema Itching?
The best way to stop itching is to prevent it. You will have to take extra care of your skin, moisturize and hydrate your skin, for attaining your goal use gentle and mild products having emollients in them. Emollient is oilier than regular moisturizer. It is also available in liquid form so you can apply directly on the eczema or you can put in bath water.
How to stop scratching is also what you have to know, in dry winter season, your skin gets drier, and itchier, you should apply cream during winter because it stays more on skin, and in summer use emollient.
How To Stop Eczema From Spreading?
To stop eczema from spreading, a person should know certain basic things which trigger eczema to spread. They are change in climate, humidity, allergens, chemicals and perfumes etc.
You can consult an allergy specialist to ascertain the triggering factor, and by avoiding it after its detection you can stop eczema from spreading.
Eczema is formation of vesicles or pustules due to the inflammation of the skin as a result of toxic condition of the system. It covers a wide variety of forms.
Symptoms of Eczema
- In acute forms, the skin assumes red color and swells, severe heat and minute vesicles are formed, sometimes they rupture.
- Discharge oozes out and crusts are formed and the disease is worse at night.
- The skin itches and may become infected with bacteria and takes time to dry and scale.
Causes of Eczema
- Allergy to soaps or detergents, metal, foods like chicken, eggs, wheat, cows milk, chocolate, potato and peanut.
- The real cause however is the accumulation of poisons without proper excretion.
- Suppressive drugs.
- Nutritional deficiencies, faulty metabolism and stress, frustration and jealousy are other factors.
Eczema Home Remedies
- Firstly the bloodstream and body should be cleansed.
- Fast on water and orange juice for 5-10 days.
- Muskmelon and carrot are particularly beneficial. Fruits, raw or steamed vegetables with whole meal bread can be taken for the natural cure for eczema
- Milk and curd can then be included.
- Then start with a well-balanced diet.
- Tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages, white flour products, sugar and condiments should be avoided.
- Drink carrot juice mixed with spinach juice.
- Take bath 2-3 times a day, rub the affected areas with palms before bath.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day.
- Avoid tight clothes and get as much fresh air as possible.
- To maintain soft skin apply coconut oil.
- Walking and jogging are good.
- Sunbathing helps kill harmful bacteria.
- Light mud pack applied for 1 hour, 2-3 times a day is also helpful.
- Water Treatment – In acute cases of Eczema, cold compress or cold wet fomentation are beneficial.
- Oatmeal bath is a natural way to stop eczema from itching. After your bath apply some butter as this will make your skin moist and supple.
- The other emollient which exhibits its benefits in eczema is Emu oil, this oil has anti- itch property and antibacterial property. It also is a good moisturizer.