Many people dislike having shiny and oily complexion. Especially during summertime, the problem is more annoying as a result of too much sebum production in the oil glands. Excess of oil on your face makes your facial skin look shinier. Having excessive oil on skin means the skin pores are too large and this may result in acne as well as shiny face.
People living in tropical climate may have this disturbing problem because of too much humidity in air. It leads to over production of oil in the sebaceous glands. Even if you do not stay in tropical region your skin may still be oily; genetics play a role in such cases.
Imbalances of hormones or changes in hormones during teenage may frequently lead to excess production of oil in the sebaceous glands. In certain cases the T zone area (Forehead, nose, chin and area around the mouth) is oilier than rest of the face. Instead of using oil controlling expensive cleansers and masks available commercially, you can use natural home remedies to combat excessive oil production and shine on your face.
How To Keep Your Face Shine Free All Day Naturally?
- Blotting sheet: Blotting paper soaks up excessive oil on face. Carry some blotting paper sheets during the daytime. Use them when you find your face too oily and shiny. Blotting sheets are available in several drugstores. It is especially useful during summer season when the weather is hot.
- Mask: A mask prepared from egg white and yolk and honey is helps to remove the oil from your face and keep it dry all the time. Break an egg and pour the contents in a small jar. Add one teaspoon of honey or sugar and mix it well till it forms a uniform paste. Apply the paste on your face and let it remain for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash your face with cold water. Apply it once in a week to keep your face matte.
- Oil free cosmetics: Apply a light coating of powder that is mineral based. A mineral based powder helps to soak the excess of oil without clogging the pores. It also prevents acne development. The best to use is a thin layer of baby powder.
- Orange juice and gram flour: Orange juice contains vitamin C which is known to rob off excess of oil on face. Take half cup of freshly prepared orange juice. Mix two teaspoon of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste. Apply the prepared paste directly on the shiny area and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your face with cold water. Gram flour scrubs off excess of oil and prevents clogging of pores. Apply the mixture daily for a week for effective results.
- Water: Wash your face frequently with water when you have too much of oil on your face. Water cleanses excess of oil and makes your face look less shiny. It keeps you facial skin dry. Avoid using emollients. Instead wash your face with soap. Soaps have tendency to keep your skin dry.
- Rubbing alcohol: Pour few drops of rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Clean your face with it. Rubbing alcohol dries the skin and keeps your face shine- free.
- Baking soda: Prepare a paste from baking soda. Mix baking soda with water and apply the prepared paste on your face. Keep it on your face till it becomes dry. Apply witch hazel after rinsing your face. Witch hazel keeps your face smooth and baking soda keeps your face shine free.