How to Treat Physical Urticaria
Physical urticaria is also known as hives. It is a skin condition that is characterized by an itchy rash due to different physical causes. The skin rash happens when small amounts of fluid leaks from blood vessels just beneath the skin surface.
Physical Urticaria Causes
- Allergies to certain food, insects, medicines, and irritants in the environment
- Viral infection
- Skin pressure from belts and socks
- Cold environment
- Exposure to sunlight
- The causes of some physical urticaria is still unknown
Physical Urticaria Symptoms
- Rashes on skin surface
- Mild to severe itching
- Swollen skin areas
- Red welts
Physical Urticaria Treatment, Cure
- If you are diagnosed with physical urticaria, the best treatment is to avoid the triggers.
- Antihistamines are commonly advised to people with physical urticaria.
- Drink plenty of water or the recommended 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in vitamin C such as citrus fruits which include lime, lemon and oranges
- You can also soothe hives by applying aloe vera gel on the red welts of your skin as part of your physical urticaria treatment.
- Avoid wearing fitted clothes or those that can create pressure against the skin such as tight belts or brand-new socks.
- If you suspect to have physical urticaria, consult your doctor immediately so you can be advised on its proper care and treatment.