Medication for Boils
Boils or skin abscess are deep skin infections that start as red and tender skin areas and eventually become too hard, firm, and still tender.
Causes of Boils
- Infection of an ingrown hair
- Skin cuts or abrasions
- Foreign materials lodged in the skin for a long time
- Blocked sweat glands
Alternative Medicine for Boils
Simple cases can be treated with simple herbal medication for boils. They include the following:
- Garlic and onion. These two popular spices are also a good alternative medicine for boils. Apply the juice to the infection only if there is now skin breakdown. This will ripen the boil.
- Bitter gourd or bitter melon. Mix a cupful of the vegetable and one teaspoon of lime juice. Sip in slowly and consume in an empty stomach.
- Milk cream. Mix one teaspoon of the cream, one teaspoon of vinegar, and a pinch of turmeric acid. It helps ripen the abscess.
Herbal Medicine for Boils
- Betel leaves. One effective herbal cure for boils is to apply a warmed betel leaf coated with castor oil in to the infected part.
- Cumin seeds. Make a paste of the seeds and water and apply to the boils.
- Margosa leaves. The leaves can be made into liniment, poultice, or decoction. The leaves are boiled for 15 minutes in 500 ml water until it reaches about 100 to 150 ml.
- Parsley. Not just any other spice, it is also a medicine for boils. Steep leaves until soft. Wrap in a thin cloth and use as poultice.