Published September 12, 2010 by Nick
Soothing Mosquito Bite Allergy
- The first thing that you should do when bitten by a mosquito is wash the area with running water and soap. This will initially get rid of bacteria on the skin.
- What helps soothe mosquito bites are the direct application of apple cider vinegar on the bitten area or you can also use rubbing alcohol to disinfect and get rid of itchiness on the skin.
- Another way of soothing mosquito bite allergy is the application of ice cubes on the bitten area. This will prevent histamine from reaching your skin and cause further irritation.
- To relieve skin itching and irritation, rub dry soap to the area with mosquito bites.
- If you want immediate itching relief, dampen the bite area and rub it with table salt. This helps soothe those mosquito bites and prevent further skin itching.
How to Soothe Mosquito Bite Rash
- An effective home remedy for mosquito bites allergy is the use of baking soda with water. Mix the two ingredients to make a paste and apply the concoction on the bitten area.
- Another treatment to soothe mosquito bites is the use of ordinary roll on deodorant. Rub the deodorant on the affected area and you’ll be amazed at how quickly it will soothe the itchiness.
- Another way on how to soothe mosquito bites is the use of toothpaste, preferably peppermint in flavor.
- Also, a proven itch eliminator is ammonia. When applied to mosquito bites, ammonia can take away the itch very quickly.