Hives are usually allergic reactions to practically anything, food, air, sunlight, fabric, exercise, and even mere scratching or rubbing the skin. There are many ways to soothe hives, but one of the most effective ways to deal with hives is determining its cause. Other ways on how to soothe hives is through the following:
- You can soothe hives by applying cold compress on the affected area. This will eliminate the itch as well the pain incurred by the allergic reaction.
- One of the most effective ways is through the use of baking soda and cornstarch. Get equal parts of cornstarch and baking soda, mix well and pour them over a tub filled with warm water, and soak yourself in the tub for at least 20 minutes.
Natural Ways Of Soothing Hives
- Stress could aggravate hives. To calm the nerves and soothe system, drink herbal teas such as chamomile, passionflower or peppermint tea, catnip, and other similar teas.
- Another way is by applying vitamin E or aloe vera gel directly on the affected area. This will get rid of irritation and provide a cooling effect on the surface of the skin.
- Avoid wearing fitted clothes. Wear clothes made of cotton and light fabric.
- You can also make your skin feel cooler by applying calamine lotion on affected parts.
- Take cold showers or at least tap water for your bath. Hot water would further irritate the skin as it would open the pores and make your skin susceptible to another allergy attack.