Grass Allergies Relief
One develops grass allergy when exposed to grass pollens. Numerous people suffer from this allergy. Small children in particular are more susceptible to it. When grass pollen enters our body, the immune system becomes hypersensitive and supposes it to be harmful and responds unfavorably. The immune mechanism discharges antibodies which causes allergic skin rash.
Grass Skin Rash
The rash is preceded by allergic rhinitis, i.e., runny nose, irritation in nose, throat and eyes, nasal congestion, and sneezing. There may also be discomfort and tightness of the chest. This is then followed by the rash, which appears as red bumps of various sizes.More often than not, they develop on the hands and fingers. The rash is extremely itchy. If the grass comes in direct contact with skin abrasions, anaphylaxis may result. This is characterized by shortness of breath, swelling of the tongue and throat, nausea, vomiting and unconsciousness.
Grass Allergy Remedies
- Oral cortico-steroids help diminish skin inflammation. Topical application of steroids becomes necessary in severe cases of itching and burning.
- Anti-histamines bring about symptomatic relief and help alleviate the various manifestations of the allergy. They prevent a discharge of histamines and exert effective management.
- For nasal congestion, nasal sprays and decongestants are used.
- Eye drops bring relief from allergic conjunctivitis.
- Importantly, doctors recommended drinking plenty of water (3 liters per day) to purge out toxins and allergens, and advice taking vitamin C supplements to boost immune functioning.