Freckles can be described as tiny darkened spots on skin surface that are flat and round in shape. They form due to uneven distribution of melanin pigment in the skin. In fact these harmless spots are nothing but heavy deposit of melanin pigment in certain areas of skin. Freckles have increased tendency to develop on sun exposed areas.
When the sun rays come directly in contact with skin, they react with melanin pigment triggering formation of dark brown spots which we call freckles. Freckles can develop on any part of body surface which is exposed to sun including stomach.Since stomach area is not exposed frequently to sun rays, freckles which develop on this part of body are often light and can be removed in an easier manner.
What Causes Freckles On Stomach?
Freckles generally develop on exposed areas of the body to sunlight. The UV rays in sunlight are responsible for increasing the production of melanin pigment. In most cases the melanin pigment is evenly distributed. But in certain people there is uneven distribution of melanin pigment. They accumulate in certain area and become darker.
Sun exposure is definitely a triggering factor, but everyone who is exposed to sunlight may not develop freckles.Therefore, researchers suspect inherited trait to be one of the most probable underlying cause for formation of freckles. If your mother or father has freckles than the potential for developing freckles on your body surface is far more.
Freckles are normally seen in fair skinned individuals with blond hair. As with any other skin surface, if you keep your stomach area exposed to sunlight for a prolonged period of time frequently, you may develop freckles on this area of the body. People who sunbathe regularly may be at more risk of developing freckles on stomach.
Natural Remedies To Fade Freckles On Stomach
Freckles are harmless dark spots on skin surface. However, as they are many in number and cover large area, they may often appear unsightly. Although freckles on stomach are less visible to others as the area remains covered by clothes most of the time, many people especially women feel them embarrassing in the moment of intimate relationship.
People seek treatment for removing these dark spots mainly for cosmetic reasons. Below are given some natural remedies to fade freckles present on stomach.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure on the affected area. This may increase freckles as well as darken the freckles that are already present.
- If you want to sunbathe, apply a sunscreen.
- Lemon juice is considered as a natural bleaching agent. Extract juice from few lemons and with your fingertips apply it over the spots present on your stomach. Wash the area with water after 20 minutes. Applying it three times in a week will fade the spot over a period of time.
- Apply castor oil on the spots. You can break a capsule of vitamin E and add it to castor oil.
- Apply milk over the stomach area. Lactic acid present in stomach is natural bleaching agent. It helps to peel the skin gently and thus the dark spots disappear after a period of time.
- Prepare a paste of yellow mustard powder and milk. You have to grind yellow mustard to prepare the powder. Once a thick paste is formed, apply it over the dark spots. Let is remain overnight and wash the area with water in the morning.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric powder in yogurt and apply it over dark spots present on stomach. Regular application will help the freckles on stomach to fade.