Causes of Dark Spots on Hands
- Excessive exposure to sun without using a good sunscreen is one of the common causes of black spots on hands and face. Actually, anywhere the sun reaches that is not protected, these spots can occur.
- These dark areas on the body are also referred to as age spots or liver spots too. There is no direct correlation between actual liver function though.
- Stressful lifestyles have also been attributed to the development of dark spots on the body.
How to Get Rid Black Spots on Fingers, Hands
- There are quite a few remedies on how to remove dark spots on hands but it takes a long time.
- Prevention is the key to preventing dark discolorations of the skin. It is a lot easier than trying to get rid of them.
- Lemon or lime juice rubbed over the effected areas daily will help to shed the top layer of skin with continued use over time.
- Aloe vera is helpful at lightening the skin darkness too. Vitamin E lotion is very beneficial to treating the skin. Apply it liberally day and night.
- Protect your face and exposed body parts from the sun with large hats or umbrellas.
- Use a good sunscreen to protect against the damaging effects of ultraviolet light.
- A paste made of gram flour and some turmeric powder with water can be applied to try and lighten up spots.
- Leave the paste on for 1/2 hour. The mixture will get hard. Add a little water to remove it. Rinse well to get all remnants off the skin.
- Never ever bleach the skin. The solutions can damage the integrity of the skin and can very well cause disturbances in the skins pigmentation.