Skin is an important organ of the body. Most of us know the structure of skin but its functions are less widely understood. Besides all the physiological functions, skin personifies an individual. It makes an individual’s appearance more appreciable. Especially women like to have their skin soft, supple and above all beautiful. So to enhance the appearance of your skin you have to understand the type of skin you have.
Actually there are three types of skin texture; normal, oily and dry. However, some people have dry skin in one area of their body and oily or normal skin in other areas.This skin type is called combination skin. Most people with combination skin have a T zone that is oily. The area of forehead, down to the nose with inclusion of chin is called T zone. The skin inside the T is oily where as the skin outside the T area is dry.
Combination skin is often temporary and you can treat the condition with natural ways without purchasing expensive cosmetics.
What Are The Causes Of Combination Skin?
Several are several different causes that may be responsible for combination skin.
- Genetics: Genes play an important role in the type of skin that you have. It substantially depends on your parent’s skin. While it is not possible to change the genetic pattern, by knowing the type of your parent’s skin, you can take all precautionary measures to ensure your skin health.
- Environment: Since it is the outermost covering of the body, skin has to bear several environmental insults. This can make the combination skin worse. Too much humidity during summer months can increase perspiration and oil production in T zone giving rise to pimple and acnes. Similarly, during cold the skin becomes drier and flaky.
- Cosmetics: Harsh cosmetic products on your T zone can have direct impact on your skin type. It can clog the skin pores leading to aggravation of symptoms of combination skin.
- Stress: Stress can cause imbalance of hormones in many people. Hormone imbalance can also occur during pregnancy, menstruation, with certain medicines etc. This can lead to dryness in some area of face and oiliness in other area.
- Exposure to sunlight, lack of exercise all may be responsible to combination skin.
How To Take Care Of Combination Skin Naturally?
If your skin is combination type and you want to get rid of it, there are lots of natural ways that you can try out.
- Nature has several skin cleansers in its basket. You do not require purchasing them commercially. One such product is honey. Honey is good as a cleansing product for combination skin. Take one tablespoon of honey and mix it with two teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your face and massage it gently for few minutes. Wash the skin area with water.
- Apply fuller’s earth on your face if you want to get rid of your combination skin apathy. Prepare a paste by mixing fuller’s earth and water. Apply it over the face and keep it until it dries. Wash your face and tab the area with a clean cloth to make it dry.
- Apply a facial papaya mask. Remove the pulp from papaya. Apply it on the facial skin and let it remain for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash your face with water after the time is over.
- A paste prepared from pineapple juice, coconut milk and cornstarch can make your face smoother, and less oily.
- Apply cucumber juice on the area of combination skin.