You may observe stretch marks on your belly, on your thigh and shoulder, on your breast and buttocks and the next question in your mind is how to get rid of this ugly looking shiny and silvery stretch marks. Although skin stretch marks are harmless, cosmetically they are quite worrisome especially for women.
Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks
There are many creams and lotions available in stores to lighten stretch marks, but cocoa butter which is natural vegetable fat made from cocoa beans, is the best possible solution as it is inexpensive and natural product.
Stretch marks are the result of stretching of skin rapidly, as in pregnancy, after fast weight loss or weight gain programs, or as one ages. The dermis which is the middle layer of skin is overstretched in this conditions and cause skin fibers to tear and this result into stretch marks.
Benefits Of Cocoa Butter For Skin
Benefits of cocoa butter use on stretch marks:
- Restores skin elasticity and suppleness.
- Stops collagen breakdown.
- Moisturizes the dry skin.
- Has ability to penetrate deep into the dermis of skin.
- Safe to use compared to synthetic products.
- It has low melting point and melts when applied to the skin.
- It contains natural antioxidants.
- Self life is between 2 to 4 years.
How To Use Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks?
Cocoa butter does not remove the stretch marks completely but lighten them if it is used over a period of time, and make them unnoticeable.
Take 2 to 3 teaspoon of cocoa butter in a bowl and rub it twice in a day over the stretch marks, in the morning and after a hot bath at night.