You may feel low self esteemed and embarrassed when acne and pimples are visible on your face. However, many people neglect the same when they are present on back and chest. Acne and pimples are result of clogged skin pores. You may not believe, but acne and pimple are as common on back as they are on face. The only positive aspect of pimples resulting from clogged skin pores on back is they are not visible to others, unless you roam about with a bare back!
Having said that, let us reason out why skin pores are so important.What happens when the pores on back become clogged? What are the remedial measures that you can take for clogged pores on back?
Pores are tiny openings on skin surface. In a normal state they are almost invisible to our eyes. The main function of pores is to keep the skin moist and healthy. It is from these tiny pores the oil produced from sebaceous glands (oil glands) reaches the surface of skin. The sebum thus produced prevents drying and cracking of skin surface. Similarly the sweat glands which produce sweat keeps the skin moisturized.It also helps to keep the body temperature normal.
Problem arises when the pores become blocked. When too much of oil, sweat and dirt and grime all combine together, they become a source for blocking skin pores. Accumulation of oil, dirt and dead skin cells in the pores makes a friendly environment for the bacteria to breed. It ultimately results in pimples and acne. Poor hygiene as well as an element of heredity is also responsible for clogged pores on back.
How To Prevent Clogged Pores Naturally?
- Maintaining personal hygiene is very important to keep clogged pores at bay anywhere on the body including on your back.
- Always take bath after you perspire heavily on your back. This is especially necessary when you come back from gym exercise or after doing a heavy work. It is beneficial to take bath twice in a day when you are enjoying the summer season.
- Avoid sprinkling talcum powder on your back. It is one of the reasons for clogged pores, especially when you heavily sweat on your back.
- If you have tendency for clogged pores on your back, applying mud mask once in every week may remove the dirt and excess of oil.
- Wear loose fitting clothes. It allows free air movement. It allows the skin to breathe.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and dark clothes especially in summer season.
How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores On Back?
Skin pores become enlarged in size as we grow; it is natural and physiological process in the body. We commonly observe it on the face, but the pores become enlarged even on other areas such as back and chest. You may feel rough skin when your pores are enlarged in size. Enlarged pores are vulnerable to get blocked easily. Here are some of the simple ways to get rid of clogged pores from back.
- Applying mud pack (fuller’s earth) on the back cleanses dirt, etc and excess of oil. It can clear the clogged pores in a gentle way.
- Take two to three tomatoes. Prepare tomato puree. Now add two teaspoon of honey and mix it well. Lie on your abdomen with your back facing upwards. Apply the prepared paste on the back and let it remain for 10 minutes. After that rinse it with warm water or take warm water bath.
- Take daily bath and keep your back clean and clear.
- Lemon juice: dab lemon juice on the clogged pores on the back. Let it remain for 10 minutes after which wash the area with lukewarm water. Lemon being an astringent and mild antiseptic agent helps to unplug the clogged pores on back.
- Applying paste prepared from baking soda and water is also beneficial in getting rid of clogged pores on back.