Chafed skin is a condition of skin which occurs due to constant rubbing and irritation of skin. Chafed skin affects both men and women; its occurrence is more common in the region of armpit, thigh, and groin where the skin gets rubbed.
Chafed Skin Between Legs
- Chafed skin often occurs in obese and in persons who wear tight clothes.
- Excessive sweating, dirt, and wearing wet clothes can cause chafed skin.
- The main symptom of chafed skin is irritation, itching and burning of skin, where it is chafed.
- It takes 2 to 3 days to heal.
Treatment For Chafed Skin
- Wear cotton clothes so that the skin can breathe.
- Do not wear tight clothes and underwear.
- Do not wear wet clothes.
- Apply petroleum jelly to reduce inflammation.
- Chafed skin between the legs can be prevented by wearing elastic wraps.
- Keep the area dry of sweating.
Skin Chafing Remedies
- Obese persons should reduce weight.
- Calendula ointment gives relief from chafed skin.
- Cornstarch helps to keep skin dry and clean.
- Applying lavender oil helps quick recovery from chafed skin.
- Wash the chafed skin area regularly.