Dry bumpy skin occurs due to many conditions, it can be due to dehydration, environmental changes and type of soap you use. Dry bumpy skin is commonly seen in winter due to lower humidity and indoor heat. Excessive bathing with hot water may also be one of the reason for dry bumpy skin.
How To Get Rid Of Bumpy Skin
- Stay in humid climate and avoid dry climate.
- Avoid hot showers and baths because the natural oil from the skin is lost, which holds the moisture to make the skin smooth.
- Do not use strong soaps.
- Avoid overexposure to sun.
Home Remedies For Bumpy Dry Skin
- Use warm or cool water and a gentle soap.
- Apply moisturizer, when the skin is still damp to seal in moisture.
- Petroleum jelly can also be used effectively in dry bumpy skin condition.
- Sandalwood paste with rose water: apply it on dry skin bumps and let it dry for half hour. Rinse the paste with warm water. Sandalwood has the property to maintain skin moisture and preserve skin oil.
- If the bumps start itching you can use baking soda and oat meal to sooth the skin