Brown spots on stomach and abdomen can be frequently noted in individuals, they escape our observation for two reasons, one, in many instances brown spots do not cause any trouble to an individual and second, they remain covered under the clothes.
Brown Spots On Stomach
Brown spots in some cases are of significance as they primarily indicate some underlying disease condition such as blood dyscrasias which results into capillary bleeding below the skin and in the dermis after contused wound. Brown spots on stomach can be smooth or elevated.
Causes Of Brown Spots On Abdomen
- The other common cause of brown spots on stomach is pityriasis versicolor, it is a fungus infection occurring due to perspiration, antibiotics and birth control pills. There may be mild itching associated if the spot is fungus in origin.
- Liver disease can also cause tiny brown spots on the stomach surface, they blanch on pressure.
- Certain people have sun allergy, the ultraviolet rays can cause brown pigments on the exposed abdominal portion during sun bathing.
- Moles and warts can also be detected many a times having brown discoloration.
Treatment For Dark Brown Spots
- Treatment of brown spots may depend on underlying cause. In fact brown spots on stomach are not disease in itself, but they are signs of disease.
- In case of pityriasis versicolor, applying apple cider vinegar will reduce the fungus infection effectively. Dusting antifungal powder on the abdomen can also be of help.
- If the spots are due to sun exposure, avoid sunlight and avoid sun bathing without applying sun screen lotion. Lime juice application can help to lighten the brown spots on abdomen.
- You should always consult a medical practitioner if you have brown spots on stomach, to exclude diseases of greater concern.