Brown spots on scalp can be due to a birth mark, a nevus or due to hyperpigmentation, caused due to sun exposure. Hyperpigmentation is production of extra melanin pigments in the skin cells. This melanin pigments give color to the skin. Due to the ultraviolet rays of the sun, the skin turns into dark color and form dark brown spots on the exposed areas, in this case the scalp.
Treatment For Brown Spots On Scalp
- Avoid sun exposure on the scalp. Wear hat while venturing in sunlight. In this way you can reduce hyperpigmentation on the scalp.
- Apply sandalwood powder and rose water paste on the scalp. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes; it is a good remedy for reddish brown spots on scalp.
- Paste made out of lemon juice and honey can be a good home remedy to lighten brown spots on scalp.
- Brown spots on the scalp can be exfoliated with dermabration technique.
- Laser treatment and chemical peeling are the other ways to treat brow spots on the scalp. The procedure has to be performed by a qualified dermatologist.
- Vitamin E helps to reduce the brown spots; you can apply vitamin E cream on the scalp daily before retiring to bed.