How to Soothe, Relieve Bee Sting
- Being stung by a bee can be a life threatening situation for those who have allergies to bees.
- It is important to understand treatment and to know how to treat bee sting swelling.
- Even if there are no known allergies, if a bee sting occurs in the nose, throat, or on the mouth, it should be considered a medical emergency.
- Stings in those particular areas can cause respiratory depression symptoms quickly.
- People with known allergies usually have an epi pen handy for these unforeseen situations.
- Remove the stinger of the bee from the skin promptly. If it is allowed to remain in the skin, the reactions can double in severity.
- There are some discrepancies with different people on how to take the stinger out. It makes sense to push the stinger in the opposite direction of the skin, or away.
Home Remedies for Swollen Bee Sting
- Gently wash the area. Apply ice to decrease the swelling. A general purpose meat tenderizer can be made into a paste to stop the stinging sensation at the site.
- A simple mud pack can ease the stinging.
- Pain should subside quickly, but the bee sting swelling may persist for up to 24 hours. Continue to apply ice throughout the 24 hour period.
- To prevent bee stings, do not wear perfumes, or bright colors. Bees are attracted to sweet smells and vivid colors. They will sneak in pop cans that are open and then sting when you attempt to take a drink.
- Be sure kids wipe their mouths off thoroughly, especially after eating sweet treats. Make sure food drippings are wiped from their clothes to prevent bee stings.
Apitherapy for Bee Stings
Here bee stings are used for specific purposes. Bees produce some exotic substances (royal jelly), which boost energy and ease premenstrual syndrome symptoms. For arthritis venom of bee stings are recommended.
Cure naturally with Apitherapy
- Apitherapy is used in desensitization treatments, especially for people with a potential life-threatening allergy to bee stings. Tiny amounts of bee venom under controlled exposure helps build protective tolerance.
- It also plays an important role in the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
- Besides, it has also been found useful for asthma, backache, certain skin conditions, chronic pain, hair loss, gout, migraines, loss of memory and poor bladder control.
Benefits of Apitherapy
- Five bee-generated substances provide various health benefits under apitherapy.
Who Should Avoid Apitherapy
- Pregnant women, diabetics, people with heart problems, tuberculosis or other type of infections should be careful.
- Before going in for this therapy first get tested for an allergy to bee venom as it can be life threatening.
Side Effects of Apitherapy
- There may be itching, pain, soreness, inflammation and stiffness.
- In some people there is a possibility of severe life-threatening reaction.
- So it is safe to administer the treatment in presence of a physician.