Treatments for Dark Underarms:
It is really embarrassing for a woman when she has dark underarms. When this happens, her self-confidence takes a dip. It is quite dreadful that the condition will diminish her feminine beauty. Moreover, having dark underarms will restrict a woman to wear clothing that will hide her underarms.
Causes of Dark Underarms:
There are various factors that cause dark underarms. The most common of these is due to body genetics. When the pigment of the skin is dark, then it is only logical that the underarms will be dark as well.
Aside from body composition, the following are the factors that also cause dark underarms:
- Deodorant: There are some deodorants that are laden with aluminum salts. The prolonged use of such a deodorant has a darkening effect on the underarms.
- Due to wearing tight clothes: When one frequently wears tight clothes, there is always a constant friction between the garment and the armpit. As a result, the underarms become darker.
Whiten Dark Underarms:
Here are some tips on how you can whiten dark underarms:
- Take a piece of lemon and rub it on the armpits. Lemon is known for its whitening property. Moreover, lemons are more hypoallergenic than using deodorants and other topical applications and do not cause harmful effects.
- If lemon is not available, one may also use a slice of cucumber and apply on the underarms in the same manner that one would apply lemons.
- Baking soda is another remedy for dark armpit that anyone can try at home. After taking a bath, apply some baking soda unto the underarms and pat the soda with the fingers to make it stick to the underarms. Leave the soda for at least 15 minutes. On the other hand, one can try the treatment before going to bed, allowing the soda to remain on the underarms overnight.
- Potato is known for its active bleaching property. One may apply potato juice on the underarms or rub slices of potato on it.
- Prepare a paste by mixing sandalwood and a few drops of water until a pasty substance is formed. Apply the paste into the underarms, leaving it for at least 30 minutes.
- Fresh coconut oil will work wonders in whitening dark underarms.
- Prepare a paste by mixing a teaspoon of limejuice, a teaspoon of cucumber juice, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the armpits to whiten it.