How to Get Glowing Skin
- A new study has revealed that skin creams could make normal skin types drier.
- Izabela Buraczewska, studied what the cream does to the skin at the molecular level, and also, what were the positive and negative effects of the cream on the skin.
- Her research states that differences in the pH of creams does not play any significant role.
- Also, she tested various oils in a 7-day treatment period, but no differences were demonstrated between a mineral oil and a vegetable oil. Both oils made the skin more prone to the harsh effects of stress.
- On the other hand, treatment with a more complex compound resulted in a more resistant skin with little or no signs of dryness.
- The clinical trials that were done through the tissue samples taken from the treated skins, reveal, that the weakening of the skin’s protective barricade, and the lowered ability of the skin to cope with the brutal effects of stress is due to definite changes in the activity of certain genes involved in the production of skin fats.
- Thus, this knowledge will help develop and produce creams that will strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, without making the skin drier.
Cosmetic Tip for Skin
- Apply curd / yogurt all over the face and neck. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- Yogurt is one of the finest foods for the skin. It supplies the nerves of the skin with nutrients, that counteract the cruel effects of the scorching sun, and undo the damage caused by stress. It is the most effective bleach and skin whitener. The bacteria in the yogurt keep the skin glowing. Also, yogurt supplies the right amount of moisture to the skin, not making it too oily.
Natural Tips for Glowing Skin
- Mix the juice of 1 lime in to a bowl of milk. Set it aside for some time. Once it curdles, apply the mixture all over the face and let it dry. Wash off. This treatment not only moisturizes and smoothens the skin, but it also cures pimples and scars.
- The application of the juice extracted from the leaves of fresh mint, is a valuable therapy in the management of acne. Mint prevents dryness and reduces the occurrence of ugly scars.
- Ditch the synthetic scrubs. Instead opt for a home made face scrub which will gently and effectively scrub off dirt and grime. The flour of Bengal gram is a very effectual cleansing agent. Its regular use improves skin texture and keeps years off the skin.
- Stock up on whole grains – whole wheat flour, rice flakes, rice bran, oats, brown rice, and nuts. They supply the body with the essential vitamin B group of nutrients. These foods are indispensable if one wants a healthy and beautiful skin. A marked reduction in spots, pigmentation, scars, dryness, and dullness is seen, with a raised consumption of these foods.
- Protection against the sunlight is very important. Excessive exposure to the sun can make the skin lifeless, leathery and wrinkled. Shield the skin using an umbrella, or a scarf. Ensure that you use a good sunscreen with adequate SPF.
Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils extracted from plants and herbs for healing and cosmetic purposes ranging from skin disorders and infections to stress and immune deficiency.
Natural Cure with Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy can improve quality of life.
- It relieves anxiety, reduces stress and enhances relaxation.
- It reduces some emotionally related disorders and relieves psychosomatic symptoms and post- partum discomfort.
- It eases arthritic pain, provides relief from sleeplessness and is also an effective remedy for impotence.
Natural Treatment with Aromatherapy
In genuine treatments, highly concentrated essential oils extracted from healing herbs obtained by cold pressing or steam distillation are used. The highly volatile flammable oils are diluted with almond, evening primrose or soy oils or alcohol before being inhaled, sprayed in the air or applied to the skin.
Some of the typical approaches are
- Massage- 5 drops of the essential oils (concentrated) are mixed with light base oil and used for muscle pain and soreness. The effects maybe calming or stimulating.
- Inhalation – Add 6-12 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe the scented vapors deeply for respiratory problems.
- Hot and Cold Compresses – To 4ounces of water add 5-10 drops of essential oil. Soak a cloth in the solution and apply to sore area to relieve headache, muscle aches or pains and bruises.
- Diffusion – Add 10 drops of the oil to 7 tablespoon of water, and add 1 tablespoon of pure alcohol or vodka for preservation. To improve respiratory conditions, calm nerves and enhance a feeling of well-being, the mixture can be sprayed in the air.
- Bathing – To a tub full of water add 8 drops of oil and take a bath.
Precautions of taking Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy oils should never be taken internally.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
- From earlier times they have been used to repel insects, purify infectious air and lubricate the skin.
- They were used to treat everything from anxiety, depression, sexually transmitted diseases, and viral and bacterial infections.
- Fragrant oils have the power to heal many malfunctioning organs like adrenal glands, ovaries, kidneys and veins.
- Aromas could reduce swelling, relieve pain, improve circulation, stimulate immune system, improve memory, heal wounds and cure skin disorders, and reduce pain following childbirth and use of aromatherapy for burns healing.
Most commonly used essential oils are
- Chamomile oil- is used in treating digestive problems; relieves depression, insomnia and stress, reduces swelling and treats allergic symptoms.
- Eucalyptus oil- has antiviral and antibacterial properties; useful for boils and pimples, clears sinuses, relieves cough and lowers fever.
- Everlasting oil- Fights bronchitis and flu infections, relieves sunburn, reduces injury swelling and heals scars, treats pain from sprains and strains, muscle injuries, tendonitis and arthritis.
- Lavender oil- destroys bacteria, heals cuts and burns; lowers B.P., relieves depression, headache, muscle ache, spasms, menstrual cramps, inflammation, nausea, respiratory allergies and soothes bug bites.
- Peppermint oil- Reduces digestive problems used for motion sickness, acts as a decongestant for the chest, relieves muscle pain and headache, and cleans wounds.
- Rosemary oil- Increases circulation, fights infection, relieves pain, reduces depression, relieves liver problem, pain, gas and indigestion, reduces swelling and is a decongestant for the chest.
- Tarragon oil- calms digestive tract and nerves, relieves stress and menstrual symptoms and stimulates digestion.
- Tea Tree Oil- fights bacterial, yeast and fungal infections, helps clear bladder infections and vaginitis, useful for burns, acne and insect bites.
- Thyme oil- fights skin and bladder infections, relieves joint pain and digestive problems, reduces cough and laryngitis.
Who Should Avoid Aromatherapy
- People with skin allergies, asthma, pregnant women and infants.
- Side Effects – Frequent use can cause skin irritation; makes skin sensitive so that it gets burned easily. Excessive inhalation can cause fatigue, headache and insomnia. Highly concentrated oils are toxic.