Dry skin care becomes highly essential during the cold, winter months, when the skin tends to open up or develop parched look on their surface. The basic reason for dry skin is lack of sebum in the glands, for which the skin remains pale and dehydrated.
The skin becomes highly sensitive and is prone to irritation soon after washing; for this reason it is always advisable to use cream or moisturizer after having your face washed. There could be various reasons for the outbreak of dry skin, forcing us to go ahead with dry skin care.
Common Causes Of Dry Skin
- Dehydration: The general cause of dry skin is due to dehydration, which could be the result of less secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands or, due to great exposure to wintry elements in the time of cold.
- Diet: The deficiency of vitamin A and vitamin B, in our regular diet, is a major factor in leading to dry skin condition.
- Other factors: In various cases dry skin is resultant of genetic traits that has been in the family for a long time. Other than these people have dry skin due to the chemicals present in cosmetics, contact with harsh soaps, and exposure to the heat and gusts of nature.
However, with a little care, we can manage this problem of dry skin and make our skin surface normal. There are numerous preventive measures.
Natural Ways To Take Care Of Dry Skin
- Make sure that you do not use ordinary tap water to wash your skin, because the deposits lead to further dryness of the skin. The best possible way of dry skin care is to apply treated water on the surface and gently pat it dry, with soft cloth or towel.
- Dry skin care means extra protection for our skin, and it includes regular stimulation through gentle cleansing and massaging. People taking dry skin care, should be looking forward to applying moisturizer or oil in liberal amounts to rejuvenate their skin with the nourishment it had been lacking.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and hard water, as they tend to remove all the moisturizer or sebum from the skin leaving it dry. Moisturizers give our skin a glowing look by increasing the content of water in the epidermis, whereas the natural oils protect the skin surface.
- Always move into the shower or bath after the application of baby oil, as it lowers the chances of the skin going dry. Moreover always remember to cleanse your skin twice with cream, leaving a light trace of it on the skin to retain the moisture.
Other than these, there are several other ways of treating dry skin, with the help of moisturizers and masks and each method is suitable to different individuals. At times a particular mask may not be suitable for a person due to allergens present in them; then the individuals could simply select another suitable mask or moisturizer to take care of their dry skin.