When oil glands provide insufficient lubrication to the skin; it becomes dehydrated and dry. An improper diet; deficiency of required Vitamins may also cause dry skin. Over exposure to sun, harsh wind, using wrong cosmetics, strong soaps can cause dry skin.
Dry skin is thin and sensitive to weather. It may result in fine premature wrinkles on the face; may chap or crack. Hence it is crucial to give dry skin extra protection. Let us now learn important tips how to take care of dry skin.
- Drink minimum 8 glasses of water every day to keep your skin well hydrated.
- Avoid washing dry skin with soap and water frequently.
- Use warm water instead of hot water while washing your face or having a bath.
- People with dry skin should emphasize more on moisturizing and nourishing routine.
- The dry sensitive skin should be cleaned with a cold cream.
- Skin fresheners that are free from alcohol should be used to remove the cream.
- After cleansing, moisturizing routine becomes necessary.
- Moisturizer should preferably be used when the face is still damp after the wash. It will give the face a nice soft look.
Homemade Remedies For Dry Skin Care
Dry skin cleanser
- Warm milk is very beneficial for dry skin. Almonds or oats mixed with warm milk cures roughened skin. Warm a cup of milk. Add 1 teaspoon of glycerin, 1/4 teaspoon of borax and 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate till all three dissolve in the milk. This is an excellent homemade cleanser for dry skin.
- Take 12 tablespoons petroleum jelly, 4 tablespoons baby oil, 1 tablespoon bees wax, melt together. When it is heated, add few drops of rose essence and store it. Use it to clean face. Use damp cotton to remove the cleanser.
Moisturizer for dry skin
- The moisturizer is made by mixing together 3/4 cup of rose water, 1/4 cup glycerin, and 1/4 teaspoon of honey and stored in a bottle. This homemade moisturizer should be used regularly after cleansing.
Nourishing mask for dry skin
- Bananas are very beneficial for the dry skin and can be used for preparing nourishing mask. Mash 1 banana and mix it with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Apply it on the face and leave it till it dries. Then rinse it off. This nourishing mask should be used at least once a week.