Burns Natural Cure
Majority of the minor burns at home occur in the kitchen. Touching hot pans and food containers, stoves, hot irons and oven can cause burns. These are usually superficial (not very deep) in nature and can be treated at home. Maintain presence of mind and act quickly. Run cold water immediately over the burn for around five minutes to soothe the skin.
- Onion: Raw onion is very useful remedy for first degree burns. Slice a raw onion and rub the cut surface over the burn area. It reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has wonderful healing and curative properties. Make a paste of turmeric and curd and apply it on the burn immediately. The paste should be applied gently. Leave it on for some time. Then wash off and allow the skin to dry completely. Repeat the application again after some time to heal burn.
- Tea: Tea powder also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Wet tea bags are of great use. Apply them over the burnt area and keep them moist till the pain reduces. This prevents blister formation.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are very beneficial for the treatment of burns. They possess soothing and cooling properties and are good bleaching agents. When you suffer a burn, immediately slice a raw potato and place the slices over the burn and bandage lightly. Keep the bandage intact for about half an hour. This will provide an immediate cooling effect and helps in removal of scars. Alternatively you can even boil potatoes, mash them and apply them as a pack over the burn. This will help to lighten the scars and gradually will fade them.
- Cabbage: Cabbage leaves have anti-inflammatory properties. A thick paste prepared from cabbage leaves when applied on the burn helps to reduce pain and has a soothing effect.
- Camphor and Coconut Oil: This combination helps to lighten scar till it finally fades away. It can be used when the burn has left behind scars. Take quarter liter of coconut oil, take two tablets of camphor and add it to the oil. Mix well till the camphor dissolves in the oil. Pour the oil into a jar. Apply the oil regularly till the scar diminishes and gradually fades away.