How to Pop a Pimple
The worst thing you can do to your pimple it to pick on it as it could result to an unwanted popped pimple scar. But pimples can be so annoying and even embarrassing and you have been told time and again never to touch or pop them. Indeed, if you have the habit of popping pimples, scarring would most often follow. Pimple contains bacteria, and if you would pop them open, you will expose your other pores to the bacteria accumulated on your popped pimple.
Scars from Popping Pimples
Yes.You can get spots from popping pimples. However, there is a way of doing it without leaving a scar. You just have to follow these simple steps:
- First, you need to assess your scar situation. If the pus of your pimple is deep beneath the surface of the skin, avoid touching it for it will definitely leave a scar and forcefully popping it out could be very painful. Only pimples with whiteheads can be popped out.
- Wash your hands and your face thoroughly with an antibacterial soap.
- Open your pores by steaming your face. Be sure to steam your face before attempting to pop your pimples because doing so without steaming could be painful and may cause scarring. You can place your face directly over a basin with steaming water, you can take a hot shower, or you can also get a towel soaked in hot water and apply hot compress on your pimple for 5 minutes.
- Get a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol and wipe it on your pimple.
- Wrap your two index fingers with a clean tissue paper and press them against your pimple. This method will allow the puss to find its way out.
- Wipe the emptied pimple with hydrogen peroxide and apply an ice cube on the area to close the pores.