Head pimples are irritating and irksome eruptions on the facial and head skin that could be very inconvenient especially when one is going to meet someone on a date, go for a job interview, or out to please someone. Their variety can range from whiteheads or blackheads to reddish solid small lumps that are quite embarrassing. Some of them could be quite large and painful that could cause a lot of discomfort. They are brought about by the blockage of the skin glands by lumps of facial oil and/or dead cells where bacteria can thrive.The bacteria’s fatty acids lead to the irritation of the afflicted skin area.
Causes of Pimples on Head
Head pimples are attributed to a lot of causes. Some of the most common though are the following:
- Sluggish body systems such as those caused by obesity and inactivity could cause head pimples because of the rampant flow of facial oil.
- Constipation which keeps the body from healthy bowel movement is common even among adults
- Dryness of the skin during cold weather and could be caused by constant wiping and washing of the face too
Home Remedies to Get rid of White and Red Pimples on Head
These troublesome head pimples could be easily remedied without immediately seeking professional help but if they persist, you should see a physician.Some of the easy-to-do home remedies available are the following:
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon and apply the mixture on the affected area
- Grind orange peel and mix it in some water and wash the pimples on head with it
- Rub on the pimples fresh garlic.
- Every night wash the afflicted area with fresh mint juice
- Grated raw potato applied overnight on the red pimples on head
- A glass of coconut water everyday
- Garbanzo bean powder applied on the affected area could help get rid of head pimples
On a more long term basis the following should be done in order to prevent head pimples from recurring:
- Daily exercises such as walking, jogging, stretching and if possible gym activities
- Sports where one could profusely sweat and let their perspiration wash away the facial oil and dirt from the facial hair pores
- Regular but not overdone proper washing of the face
- Disciplining the hands from touching the face because it could be the carrier of bacteria
- Balanced diet of vegetables, healthy proteins, fruits, and other essential elements such as fiber which could also prevent constipation
- Quitting of unhealthy habits such as eating of junk and salty foods, cigarette smoking, and excessive drinking of alcohol