Enlarged Open Pores and Smooth Skin
One of the problems that people face as they grow older are open or enlarged pores, making skin seem old and rough looking. Smooth, young-looking skin becomes a thing of the past because of this. Why this happens is sometimes due to either neglect or poor facial care habits and practices. Here are some tips on how to minimize enlarged pores and how to get that youthful smooth skin back.
Natural Cure and Home Remedies for Open Pores and Smooth Skin
Some people suffer from open pores or enlarged pores due to heredity, others due to poor skin care habits.Keeping skin’s pores open or not taking care to reduce these enlarged pores will leave you prone to acne and skin imperfections since enlarged and open pores are susceptible to dirt and grime. Whatever the reason may be for this open pore problem, there are solutions to it, and these include:
- Use pore-reducing toners that are available in the market today. A lot of these new toners have formulations that not only clean skin, they also reduce these enlarged pores considerably.
- If you cannot afford to buy any of these toners, you can use natural facial toners, that can be found in your own home. You can use ground-up fresh tomatoes as a toner. Simply mash some fresh tomatoes and apply this mash to your face and leave on for 5 minutes. Do this daily to help reduce your enlarged pores and to give you smoother and younger-looking skin.
- Try heating up some lemon juice and egg whites in a mixture slowly for no more than twenty seconds. Cool this a bit and use this mixture on your face. This will also help reduce enlarged pores.
- Papaya is also another good natural skin toner. Mash some ripe papaya and put this on your face and leave on for about 15 minutes then wash off. You can also add a bit of lemon to this papaya mash for an added whitening and smoothening effect.
- Did you know that ice can also reduce your pore size? Wash your face off with warm water first and mild soap to remove all dirt and grime from your face. Take an ice cube then rub it all over your face to reduce the open pores.
- Fuller’s earth is also a pretty good facial toner. Make a paste out of Fuller’s earth and some clean water. Apply on your face and let dry. Wash off thoroughly and pat your face dry with a soft towel. Do this mask routine once a week or twice a month for younger looking, smoother skin.