Natural, nutritious olive makes a perfect complement to a beauty regimen. Olive cream is an excellent emollient that provides the skin with essential nutrients and moisture.
Some of the main benefits of olive cream for skin care are:
- Olive is rich in antioxidants. It protects skin from damage associated with the natural aging process. Olive cream can be made from olive oil as well as from the leaves. The leaves also contain compounds that increase blood circulation. It helps to alleviate aches and pains. In addition olive leaves have been used in creams to draw out toxins from the skin.
- Olive leaf provides protection from UV rays. Not only does it protect, but it may help repair damaged flesh. Olive leaf contains oleanolic acid that may stimulate the growth of connective tissues.
- Olive oil mixed with other botanicals and oils make a luxurious olive cream. For example, olive oil mixed with beeswax and botanicals such as lavender make a rejuvenating and soothing olive cream. It is an effective treatment for stressed skin. Further, vitamins and antioxidants present in olive oil nourish the skin and promote healthy growth of skin cells.
- Free-radicals in the environment and in our diets contribute to the deterioration of healthy skin. It is an unstable molecule produced by smoking, alcohol, radiation etc. Antioxidants combat these free-radicals. Olive is rich in antioxidants which include vitamin A and E and polyphenols.
How To Make Olive Cream At Home?
- Olive cream can be made from many herbal mixtures. Each combination can be customized to meet the specific skin care needs of the individual. For example, lavender in olive cream is soothing to skin irritations and may reduce the severity of an acne problem.
- A homemade skin cream of olive oil, vinegar and water can be used to kill bacteria. It also moisturizes and reduces black discolorations on face and hands. Olive cream contains squelene, a natural compound found in olive. Squelene regulates the secretion of oil that is produced by the oil glands. By forming a coating, olive cream prevents growth of micro-organisms.
- Chlorophyll is found in plants. The leaves of olive used in olive cream contain abundant chlorophyll. It is a natural anti aging substance. Olive cream has thus made its place as age defying and wrinkle reducing cosmetic natural product.
- Olive cream is useful in preventing and reducing stretch marks. It is thus used by many pregnant women before or after delivery over the abdomen.
- For sun burn it is a magic cream. It alleviates aches and pains and soothes the burnt skin.
- Olive is a great product for skin care on its own, but when made into an olive cream and combined with other natural herbs and products, it becomes a versatile beauty essential.