The skin is the mirror of a person’s personality and state of mind. One can easily tell just by the look at the facial skin if a person has not had enough sleep or if the person is undergoing a stressful day.
The skin can also tell if you are eating a healthy diet or regularly moisturizing it. It is after all the largest organ of the body, and as such, it needs all the nutrition just like the rest of the body.
Undernourished skin looks pale and flaky. The lack of moisture in the body can also make the skin pinched looking and tight.
The usual reason for clogged pores is oily skin, and treating oily skin without being careful can lead to dry skin. Here are some home remedies and treatments you can use to unclog oily skin pores and how to avoid or prevent dry skin.
Home Remedies For Oily And Dry Skin
When it comes to oily skin, one of the main problems is the overproduction of the natural oil called sebum. Sebum is produced by your skin to help keep it elastic, supple, and young looking.Overproduction of this oil, however, leads to problems like clogged pores, acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and shiny skin. Here are some tips on how to keep your pores unclogged, your oily skin controlled, and your skin looking healthy:
- Oily skin should be washed twice a day-in the morning and at night-with mild soap and warm water. This will prevent your skin from getting clogged.
- Hot water is not good for washing one’s face with since it will strip the sebum away totally, leaving you with dry skin instead.
- You can wash your face with a mixture of lemon juice and warm water to take off any excess sebum and to help unclog the pores.
- Fuller’s earth is a good way to unclog the pores without drying out your skin. Make a paste out of water and Fuller’s earth, then use it as a face mask. Once this mask dries up, wash off with plenty of warm water.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners for your face and toners that can only end up drying your skin. Mild cleansers, mild soaps, and warm water are basically what you need to keep your skin healthy, radiant, and young.
- Avoid wearing makeup that is oil based since these also clog up the pores.
- Never sleep with your makeup on.
- Eating foods rich in vitamin C will also help you with keeping your skin unclogged and less oily. You can also use citrus or Vitamin C rich foods such as natural oil cleansers.
Prevention Of Dry And Oily Skin
A downside to excessively keeping oil from your face is dry skin. A balance has to be maintained when taking care of oily skin so that it won’t go the opposite direction and you end up with pasty, dry, old-looking skin. Here are some tips to follow to prevent dry skin:
- Exfoliate your skin with the use of natural mud. The clean mud that you can buy from health food stores and facial care outlets can keep your oil levels balanced while taking care of the clogged pores and dead skin on your face.
- Minimizing the oil on your face does not mean that you should not moisturize. Use a water-based moisturizer for your skin, or better yet, keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water to keep your skin’s moisture level up but your oil levels down.