Skin texture varies from person to person depending on your body constitution. Skin treatment depends on the type of skin texture you have. You may have normal skin, oily skin or dry skin.
For keeping your skin fresh and young you can use the following measures.
- Massage your skin as it loosens your skin and removes toxins. It tones your muscles. Oils like sesame, sunflower, almond and apricot are used as a medium along with other essential oils depending on your skin texture.
- Take good care of oily skin. Some of the essential and beneficial materials are clay, jasmine, orange, rose and sandalwood. Carrier oil used includes carrot seed and avocado oils.
- For normal skin use Rosewood, Sandalwood, Jasmine and Rose oils.
- Carrier oils used are coconut oil, sunflower oil and sesame oil.
- For dry skin use musk essential oil, cinnamon oil and cedar essential oil. Carrier oils used are mustard, olive and almond oil.
- After massage you should take steam using herbs like bay-leaves, fennel, lavender, lemon peel, ginger mint with essential oils given above.
- A good massage is followed by applying a mixture made from oat flour, powdered almonds, basil powder, rose petals, lily petals and sandalwood. Scrub your face using this mixture. After the scrub, a mask is usually applied to clean, nourish and tone the skin.
- A good face pack for normal and dry skin can be made from one part of mineral clay with a little aloe juice and honey. Water can be added up for consistency. Same pack can be altered a little for oily skin by adding a teaspoon of aloe juice with one teaspoon of lime juice.
- Use spray mist made from equal amount of herbal tea and mineral water to remove dead cells and regenerate the skin.
Skin Packs For Smooth And Glowing Skin
- Normal skin treatment: Blend equal amount of sandalwood powder, rose petal powder and oat flour with milk and apply.
- Dry skin treatment: Mix equal amount of green gram powder, wheat gram powder, fenugreek, basil powder and rose petals with milk cream and apply.
- Oily skin treatment: Mix equal amount of rice powder, coriander seed powder, margosa powder and sandalwood with water and apply.
Natural Remedies For Aging Skin
- Egg white mask: Beat the white of an egg and spread out as a thin film on your face. Rinse after 30 minutes. This mask lightens the skin and irons out wrinkles.
- Onion mask: Mash and sieve an onion, mix onion juice and make it into a paste, add 1 teaspoon of honey. This mask prevents blemishes and wrinkles.
- Almond mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded almonds, 1 tablespoon rose water and 1/2 tablespoon honey. Make a paste and apply. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off.
- Anti-aging treatment and prevention has become an area of intense research. There are a few areas of this study that have yielded some enthusiasm from researchers. For instance, hormone replacement therapy looks promising as a means of treating several significant symptoms of aging. For instance, it may slow the progression of muscle loss and may in addition help maintain bone strength and density. Another area of considerable study is the role of diet in anti-aging treatment and prevention.
- Diet is crucial to maintaining optimum health. For example, eating foods that are vitamin rich and full of antioxidants may stall some of decline in cognitive function, thinning bones and skin that people experience as they age. Further, introducing appropriate foods may reverse some signs of aging somewhat. Some researchers suspect that acidic foods may escalate aging and in contrast alkaline foods may slow aging down. Anti-aging treatment and prevention should begin before symptoms of aging manifest by implementing a healthy diet that includes green leafy vegetables, lean protein, fiber, and grains such as bulgur wheat. Foods to avoid include white flour, saturated fats, and sugar.
- Another area of interest for anti-aging is exercise. It appears that almost anyone can benefit from a good regiment of exercise. Further, exercising may help reduce some of the signs of aging as well. For example, lifting weights may increase bone mass. Another common form of exercise which seems to be particularly beneficial as an anti-aging treatment is swimming. Swimming can increase cardiovascular health, is easy on ligaments and joints and can help maintain optimum body weight.
- Stress and environmental toxins have also been implicated in premature aging. Stress for example, may compromise immunity and as a result compound the impact of environmental toxins. Anti-aging treatment and prevention should include a healthy lifestyle, exercise, proper nutrition and stress reduction.
Diet For Skin Care
- Vitamin A helps skin from drying out by helping circulation.
- Vitamin B helps keep skin blemish free.
- Vitamin C purifies blood helps to keep your skin glowing. Lemon and other citrus fruits are full of minerals and vitamin C.
- Vitamin E keeps your skin youthful.
- Chocolates and coffee, cigarettes and high fat food are strict no-no’s for skin care.
- Ultra violet rays are most intense between 11 am and 3 pm when the sun is at its peak. Avoid direct exposure to sun during this time.
- Ample fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of water and good sound sleep provide natural nourishment to skin.