Perianal Hematoma Treatments:
Hematoma is the bruising and leaking of blood from the veins and capillaries to the skin. It would then result to the bluish discoloration of the skin due to the blood leakage. For some individuals, this would be painful to touch, especially if it is a perianal hematoma.
Causes of Perianal Hematoma:
Perianal hematoma usually occurs when there is injury to the area. Thus it would cause the bleeding within the dermal layer of the skin. These are the common causes of perianal hematoma.
- Recent surgical procedure via the anus.
- Injury from riding a bicycle
- Straining yourself
- Incessant Coughing
- Lifting heavy objects
- Any laboratory procedure done such as rectal examinations can also be the cause of the bruising.
- Enema can also result to bruising.
There are varying degrees of pain that the person would feel. This will occur when pressure expands the skin around the rupture and can last even if the blood has clotted.
Remedies for Perianal Hematoma:
These are the things you can do to lessen the perianal hematoma.
- Sit on a cold compress
- Have a sitz bath
- Your physician can also prescribe creams and ointments to help reduce hematoma.
- Avoid activities such as running, jogging, lifting, and carrying objects. Activities that require you to exert effort should be avoided at this time.
- Sitting on a donut pillow also helps relieve the area of pressure when you sit down. You can evenly distribute your weight as you sit down.
- To treat the blood pooling, your doctor will have to drain the blood with a syringe.
- If the blood has clotted, a small incision is made to remove the clot.
Diet for Perianal Hematoma Pain:
Diet plays a vital role in relieving the discomfort and improving the condition brought about by perianal hematoma. The following tips will help you:
- Increase intake of food rich in protein. Protein facilitates faster wound healing.
- Eating a good and hearty consumption of fruits and vegetables can improve the blood components and their properties.
- Load yourself with vitamin C as it boosts the immune system.
- Switch to a liquid diet for now to help relieve the discomfort during bowel movement.
- Avoid food high in fiber.