Itchy burning bumps in medical terms is called as urticaria or more commonly called as rash. Urticaria or rash, the formation of weal and flare lesions in the skin, is an anaphylactic phenomenon which can develop as a result of absorption of antigen through the intestinal tract.
Common allergens are present in strawberries, nuts, eggs and shellfish. Allergens in food can also cause rash. Heat or cold pressure, exercise, jaundice, pregnancy, intestinal worms and medicines (painkillers, antibiotics, anti-hypertensive and codeine are some of them) can cause rash.
Rash often occurs alone, but may be associated with other signs of anaphylaxis.
Natural Remedies for Skin Rashes
- Look for the causative agent if possible, as it is difficult to find what causes allergic rash.
- Worms are very common factor for red itchy bumps and so the affected person should be de-wormed.
- Mustard oil should be applied mixed with salt in case of acute episode.
- Sour things are to be avoided.
- Drink plenty of water, as the toxins released in the blood which cause rash are removed from the body.
- A good remedy for itchy burning bumps or bumpy skin rashes condition is turmeric. This is to be dried and then ground to make a powder form. Turmeric powder is also available but freshly made powder is preferred. Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mixed with water should be taken two times a day till the rash subsides.
Red itchy bumps or rash can be due to systemic disturbance and first that has to be ruled out as it can cause medical emergencies. After that one can continue with the above given measures for its healing.