It is the wish of most people to have a whiter skin. Although this may look simple on paper, the means to attain it is no easy at all. Today, treatments can cause a lot of money through surgical means and other processes that involve a lot of technical competence.
Dark Skin Causes
There are many reasons why a person can have dark skin, although of course genetics is the main reason for it. This is because the body produces a skin pigment known as melanin. When a person has a greater amount of melanin on their body, the result is a dark skin pigment.Also, exposure to direct sunlight can also cause one’s skin to darken. This situation is even more pronounced when a person is exposed to ultraviolet rays of the sun, especially if the skin is unprotected. Other factors that can cause one’s skin to become darker is dehydration or lack of fluid intake. This stems from the fact that when a person gets little fluid, the skin may become wrinkled, making it appear darker.
Remedies for Dark Skin
Because of the more sophisticated means of treating medical and health problems nowadays, treatments have become more expensive.Proof of this is the proliferation of clinics and individuals who specialize in treating dark skin. However, these forms of treatment are often beyond one’s means.
The following are some of the cost-efficient yet equally effective means of treating dark skin and to get fair skin:
- Get plenty of water. This will help keep your skin glowing and radiant, countering the wrinkling effect of dehydration and old age.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for a proper aeration of the affected part. Cotton is one example of comfortable clothing.
- Ground fresh mint leaves until it becomes sticky and apply over the affected part.
- When bathing in a tub, add 1 cup of fresh lemon juice to the water and soak in it.
- Get a few slices of tomato and put in your tub for your bath.
- Rub the dark spot with fresh slices of lemon for about 10 minutes at least 3 times a day.
- Obtain fresh cucumber juice to cleanse the dark spot regularly.
- For those who have access to aloe vera plants, obtain the juice from the leaves and use it to clean the dark spot.