What Are Pimple Scars?
Acne scars usually occur after the inflammation and irritation of acne. Acne, which is a skin disorder, is due to the increase production of the sebaceous oil. When this happens, the face usually would be exposed to the dust, dirt, bacteria and microorganisms will then thrive in this environment. This would cause an inflammation and infection and leave a scar once the acne has healed.
Causes Scaring of thePimple
Frequent touching and irritation of the acne causes scarring of the area. If you persist on trying to break the papule with your own hands, it would then likely harbor the growth of bacteria.When this happens, the papule gets irritated and inflamed. This would cause acne scars.
Home Remedies, Treatment and Cures for Pimple Scars
There are various home remedies you can use for acne scars. The following are methods you can observe to treat pimple scar at home.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, yogurt, and sour cream. Apply the mixture as a face mask. Rinse off the mask after 10 minutes.
- Olive oil can soften the texture of acne scars.
- Slice a tomato in half and rub it on the face. Rinse with cold water after fifteen minutes.
- Apply cucumber juice on the face and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- To tighten the pores, you can rub ice cubes on the face.
- Using cotton balls, soak your skin with lemon juice. This will help lighten the acne scar.
- Ointments and creams are available and may be prescribed by your dermatologist to help lessen acne scars.
Vaseline to Cure for Pimple Scars
Vaseline is a brand of petroleum jelly used to treat dry skin as it keeps the skin hydrated. Since the FDA has approved petroleum jelly as an over-the-counter skin protectant, most people use it for cosmetic care.
- The component of Vaseline helps rehydrate and at the same time stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- It is best to use Vaseline in acne scars most especially if the scars are still fresh and slightly pink.
- Using Vaseline when the scars are already dried would have less effect.
- When using Vaseline, make sure your face is clean.
- It is advisable to apply this before going to sleep. Wash your face and apply this before you go to sleep.