Remove Sun Tan
A tan occurs when one is extremely exposed to the sun. While it is unreasonable, there are people who willingly go through tanning by sunbathing. They are quite unaware of the hazards of excessive exposure to the sun, which can cause several skin problems.
Health Benefits from Sun
Not everything about exposure to the sun is bad. The sun is one of the sources of vitamin D, and it presents quite a few health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Exposure to the sun allows us to absorb the vitamin that regulates the phosphorus and calcium levels in our blood.
- It promotes absorption of calcium in the kidneys and bones. It also promotes bone growth and remodeling.
- It is the source of vitamin D. This promotes phagocytosis, which is the process involving the absorption of nutrients into the immune system.
- The presence of vitamin D in the body helps prevent osteomalacia.
The Dangers of Sun Tanning
Generally though, the effects of sun tanning are not good for the body. It is the reason why there is increased number of cases of skin cancer. This is why certain precautions have to be observed when going for a sun tan.
It is advised to avoid the peak hours between ten o’clock in the morning and four o’clock in the afternoon. It is at this time when the sun has the dangerous ultraviolet rays. Others would prefer to remove suntan. There are remedies to get rid of the tan as soon as possible.
Removing Skin Tan
A tan can result to a darker skin color. However, there are ways to remove what tan you have already acquired, whether it is through the help of tanning sprays or just mere sun exposure. If it isn’t that permanent, you can simply exfoliate the area where the skin has darkened.
- Lemon juice rubbed on the skin can also be used to remove the tan.
- To minimize the effects of drying, aloe juice and vitamin E will moisturize the skin.
- Curd is another remedy to reduce sun tan effects. Applying it on the face and body before taking a bath will help.
- Tomato juice applied on the skin also helps lighten the skin.
- Cucumber and honey made into a sticky paste will soothe the redness effect of a sun tan.
- Raw milk mixed with lemon juice and applied on the tanned area is still another home remedy. You just leave it on the skin for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. It is effective in reducing the harmful effects of sun tanning.