Our skin has thousands of tiny outlets not visible to the naked eye. These skin pores carry out the important function of eliminating water, salts, uric acid and oily secretions from our body. Facial pores are commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne.
The excessive oiliness of the skin is in turn triggered by the hormonal changes in the body. It happens when the male hormones in the body become overly dominant during puberty. The activity of oil glands which is controlled and regulated by the male hormones increases.
The skin in order to cope with the overproduction of oil secretions has to manage its increased elimination.As the traffic of the oil effusion increases, the mouth of the pore enlarges.
What Causes Enlarged Facial Pores?
- Deliberate picking and touching of Acne causes the worst scarring and pits are formed as a direct result of this.
- Artificial openings made in the skin to release the effusion from the whiteheads, pustules by squeezing, turn into pits and uneven indentations.
- Improper cleansing: Proper cleansing is foremost in every kind of skin care routine. Unless the dead skin surface, make-up and grease are removed, they tend to deposit in the skin pores and restrain the flow of oil. The oil deposits attract grime and grease and apply pressure on the mouth of the pores to widen it.
- Use of wrong cosmetics: Beauty soaps enriched in oil, make-up products that are oil based, and creams worsen the oily skin condition and therefore their use is prohibited. Acne and enlarged facial skin pore conditions are aggravated with the use of such cosmetics.
- Sun damage: The harmful rays of sun causes skin to thicken and the skin cells may collect around the pores which makes pores to appear larger. Also sun damages the skin as a result the skin loses elasticity and the pores enlarge because there is no collagen to keep them tight.
- Improper skin care: If the face is not cleansed properly than the oil secretions gets accumulated creating pore.
How To Reduce Large Facial Pores Naturally?
The pores cannot be completely removed but they can be only reduced. Here are some the natural ways by which the size of pores can be reduced.
- Wash your face thoroughly with soap and water three times a day to prevent oils from accumulating, clogging up, and distending the pores.
- Use only oil-free and water-based cosmetics and moisturizers.
- Always rinse really well with lots of water.
- Rub your skin with an ice cube as it closes your pores and keeps any dirt out.
- Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Never use harsh soaps and astringents to cleanse your face.
- Use lukewarm to rinse your face, hot water can enlarge facial pores.
Facial Steaming For Large Pores
One method of cleaning up the pores of the face is through a facial steamer. Steam can work wonders on the skin. It promotes sweating which, in itself helps to cleanse the pores of the skin from the dirt and grime deposited on the fats of the skin.
It can also stimulate the flow of blood to the skin so that more nutrients are brought to the cells around the skin and more of the garbage in the cells of the skin are carried away by the increased blood flow. Furthermore, the steam itself acts as a cleanser, loosening the dirt stuck in the pores of the skin and encouraging the pores to widen so that dirt can be more easily removed.
Procedure Of Steaming
A steam bath begins by boiling a suitable amount of water and transferring it to a bowl once it has sufficiently heated. Herbs and scented oils can then be added in order to make the experience more pleasant. It is important to take short breaths at first in order to become acquainted with breathing through the steam.
For the best effect, the skin should be positioned about 25 centimeters away from the bowl and should be steamed for around ten to fifteen minutes. Also, drape a towel around your head so as to maximize the skin’s exposure to steam. Once you are done, let your face cool down for a bit and thin wash your face off with cool water.
Natural Remedies For Reducing Facial Pores
- Get rid of large pores by applying Almond meal paste on them for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and apply astringent e.g. witch hazel or a solution of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Table salt and buttermilk paste applied to enlarged pores, massaged and rinsed off with warm water, works well to minimize pores.
- Cucumber juice, one cup of rose water mixed with a tablespoon of tincture of benzoin should be refrigerated and applied daily after cleansing the face to reduce the appearance of large pores.
- Two tablespoons of dry oatmeal made into a paste with 1/4 cup buttermilk should be covered and allowed to stand overnight. Next morning, strain the liquid and smooth over your face. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse off with cold water, finally rub an ice cube over the pores and blot dry.
- Nothing works better than tomato juice to reduce the size of large pores. So apply daily and leave on for 20 minutes, or you can add calamine or sandalwood powder to tomato juice to reduce pores and tone the skin.
- Mashed papaya applied on the skin helps to tone the skin and tighter the pores.
- Honey also helps tighten the skin and reduce its oiliness. Apply it as part of a facial mask or apply directly to skin with a little lemon juice and sugar added to it. Massage on face and leave on for a few minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Honey is added to milk powder or bran or grapefruit to tighten large pores.
- A paste of salt and butter is also helpful in reducing large pores.
- An ice cube rubbed over the face will temporarily reduce the size of the pores.